The Future of Swiss Hydropower: Distributional Effects of Water Fee Reform Options
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Regina Betz, Prof. Dr. Hannes Weigt
- Project team : Julia Baer, Dr. Sandro Fuchs, Dr. Mirjam Kosch, Christoph Schuler
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : SNSF (NFP 70 «Energiewende»)
- Contact person : Mirjam Kosch
This project is part of the NRP 70 joint project: «The future of Swiss hydropower». We analyze the revenue and expenditure situation of Swiss hydropower plants from 2015/2016 and estimate future developments on the basis of electricity price scenarios up to the year 2035. Various reform options for water interests are simulated in order to understand their impact on profitability. Taking account of financial equalization, the effects on different cantonal households of the simulations and scenarios listed above are then presented.