Educational Activities for Health Professionals
Evaluation of the recommendations of the BAG-Project Education of the eHealth strategy Switzerland
At a glance
- Project leader : Mandy Scheermesser
- Project team : Dr. Irina Nast, Cordula Mareike Stegen
- Project budget : CHF 30'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government (Bundesamt für Gesundheit BAG)
- Contact person : Mandy Scheermesser
eHealth is defined as "the integrated use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for the design, support and networking of all processes and participants in the healthcare sector" (BAG 2007). eHealth is a term for the general use of ICT in health care to improve the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and control and management of health and lifestyle.
The study evaluated recommendations of the BAG-Project Education by Swiss educational experts.
A survey of swiss education providers in 2010 found that awareness of eHealth among educators has developed positively, with a significant number of educational institutions (44%), now their educational programs deal with eHealth issues. A didactic guideline as teaching material could support the knowlegde of eHealth to health professionals. Therefore a eHealth-guideline is recommended.