U-LIGHT: Ultra lightweight PV modules
At a glance
- Project leader : Dr. Hartmut Nussbaumer
- Project team : Nicolas Keller, Dr. Markus Klenk
- Project budget : CHF 150'395
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government (Solar EraNet Projekt, BFE)
- Project partner : PCCL, Isovoltaic, ISC Konstanz
- Contact person : Hartmut Nussbaumer
In the “U-Light” project new light weight modules, with high efficiency, long live modules are developed with regard to lowest cost for integration into PV systems achieving lowest values of levelized cost of energy (LCOE). The new light weight modules will be generated by the use of thin, strong, low cost glass and by the use of compositions (mineral or organic) like glass-fibre reinforced plastic (GRP).
Nussbaumer, Hartmut; Klenk, Markus; Keller, Nico; Ammann, Peter; Thurnheer, Jan,
Record-light weight c-Si modules based on the small unit compound approach : mechanical load tests and general results [paper].
Proceedings of the 33rd European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition.
33rd European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (EU PVSEC), Amsterdam, Netherlands, 25-29 September 2017.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.4229/EUPVSEC20172017-1CV.3.69