UNCTAD Strategic Foresight
Strategic foresight for the post-2015 development agenda
At a glance
- Project leader : Vicente Carabias-Hütter
- Project team : Dr. Yann Blumer, Karel Haegeman, Dr. Merja Hoppe, Ron Johnston, Isabel Mariani, Byeongwon Park, Rafael Popper, Prof. Harry Spiess, Devon Wemyss, Dr. Christian Zipper
- Project budget : CHF 12'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : EU and other international programmes
- Project partner : University of Sydney, University of Manchester, Science and Technology Policy Institute STEPI, Joint Research Center (Institute for Prospective Technological Studies)
- Contact person : Vicente Carabias-Hütter
This report identifies, analyses and presents for discussion key issues concerning the role of strategic foresight for policymakers, particularly in developing countries. Chapter II provides an introduction to strategic foresight and its use around the world. Chapter III presents key trends related to science, technology and innovation (STI) that are likely to be relevant for development in the post-2015 period, based on the findings of the meta-analysis of recent foresight reports and inputs from international foresight experts, together with a critical assessment of their potential socioeconomic and development impacts. Chapter IV highlights key policy lessons. Chapter V presents findings and suggestions for consideration by national Governments and other relevant stakeholders.
Ejderyan, Olivier; Carabias-Hütter, Vicente; Kläy, Andreas; Moschitz, Heidrun,
25(4), pp. 299-301.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.2005.tb02210.x