University Library Zurich
The ZHAW University Library Zurich on the Toni Areal campus together with the Media and Information Centre (MIZ) of the ZHdK offer library services and a joint work, study and search area.
Due to the current COVID-19 measures according to official regulations and ZHAW protection concept, the following opening hours apply.
|Opening hours||from Tuesday, 5 January 2021 until further notice||Mon to Sat 10 a.m.–4 p.m.|
|Labour Day||Saturday, 1 May 2021||closed|
|Ascension Day||Thursday, 13 May 2021||closed|
|Pentecost||Monday, 24 May 2021||closed|
The University Library Zurich is a specialised library open to the public that focuses on the following areas:
- Applied Psychology
- Social Work
We offer our holdings mainly in electronic formats. The majority of the physical items in the holding are borrowable. Non-circulating items are clearly marked as “Präsenzbestand”. The Mapongo digital room information system shows you where to find what.
You will find a range of services and numerous working and study spaces spread over three floors:
- Information desk
- Reference service
- Search stations
- Self-service loans during opening hours
- Self-service returns (ZHAW members 24/7, external users during building opening hours)
- Book scanner (scan to stick, free of charge)
- Multifunctional device for printing, copying and scanning (for ZHAW members)
- 120 Working and study spaces
- Computer workstations (for ZHAW members)
- Wi-fi access (wi-fi hotspots for external users)
You can use a search station to access our electronic resources. Please note that you can only save items on a personal USB stick.
You can use the book scanners free of charge to scan printed works to your personal USB stick. Alternatively, you can obtain a card at the information desk to use one of our photocopiers.