The INUAS Conference 2022 “Urban Transformations: Public Spaces” will take place at the ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences in Winterthur
From 7 to 9 September 2022, the ZHAW will host the third edition of the international INUAS conference series “Urban Transformations: Housing | Resources | Public Spaces”. The conference series focuses on current issues and challenges in the area of urban development and aims to make a contribution to sustainable innovative developments.
This year’s conference in Winterthur is dedicated to the topic of public spaces as experimental areas of innovative, sustainable urban development. Ecological, political, planning, social and technological issues relating to public spaces will be addressed in the five sections of participation, ecology, mobility and energy, design and development and methodology.
The event will include keynote speeches, presentations, lectures, excursions and a panel discussion, and is aimed at researchers, experts and students from various disciplines as well as actors in applied fields of work who deal with public spaces in cities and regions and want to contribute their expertise to the analysis and sustainable development of public spaces.
- Arnd Bätzner, member of the Mobility Board of Directors, on the topic of energy and mobility
- Marc Barra, Île-de-France/Paris Regional Biodiversity Agency, on the topic of ecology
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Knierbein, Vienna University of Technology, on the topic of participation
- Prof. Dr. Paola Viganò, Studio Paola Viganò, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL) / IUAV University of Venice, on the topic of design and development
- Katrin Gügler, Director of the Office of Urban Planning, City of Zurich
- Prof. Elisabeth Merk (University of Florence), Planning Director, City of Munich
- Thomas Madreiter, Director of Urban Planning, City of Vienna
From 7 September 2022 to 9 September 2022
The INUAS Munich-Vienna-Zurich university network
The INUAS Munich-Vienna-Zurich university network was founded in 2011 in Vienna. INUAS stands for “International Network of Universities of Applied Sciences”. It is an institutional-level collaboration between the Munich University of Applied Sciences, FH Campus Wien University of Applied Sciences and the ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences. INUAS has been organising an international conference series on the topic of “Urban Transformations: Housing | Resources | Public Spaces” since 2019 and thus provides a platform for addressing current issues and perspectives for the development of cities and regions.