Positive Peer Culture
This is a cooperation project conducted with the Institut für Positive Peerkultur, Bad Heilbrunn, and the Institut für Rehabilitationspädagogik at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU).
This study is an evaluation of the newly introduced practice of group discussion following the principle of positive peer culture, from the point of view of the young people and the professionals who take care of them.
For the evaluation, methods will be used that will capture the following aspects:
- general assessment of the group meetings from the point of view of participants
- assessment of the specific effects of the offerings from the point of view of the actors
- changes in the general assessment and in the assessment of the effects
- changes in self-esteem and self-efficacy
- Development of the atmosphere at the children’s home, school, or residential care facility
Based on the findings, conclusions will be drawn concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of the different offerings and recommendations made for further education offerings and possible assistance offerings for young people and professionals.