From research to professional practice: gain an edge with the scientifically based communications consultancy of the IAM.
The IAM's consultants provide support to clients from the fields of journalism and organisational communication. By analysing shortfalls in communication or other concerns clients may have, they are able to develop systematic, scientifically based solutions and assist clients in their implementation. The objective is to enable these professions to derive direct practical benefit from the insights provided by media and communication studies as well as linguistics and the IAM’s own research.
The advantages offered by this scientifically based approach to communications consultancy are:
- that scientifically based consultancy is systematic, transparent and resource-oriented. Not only does it help clients to achieve solutions, it also provides them with greater knowledge and expertise. It also helps to provide team development opportunities.
- that scientifically based consultancy is independent. The solutions it puts forward are specific to each client’s needs, and free from bias towards particular actions, media channels or forms of publication.
- that scientifically based consultancy harnesses the core competences of IAM consultants engaged in scientific work on a day-to-day basis, thus providing clients with the most recent scientific insights.
The consultancy services of the IAM reflect the institute’s core competencies. They serve as a basis for quotations that include service definitions, project plans and budgets.
Our consultancy services are characterised by qualities including:
- consultancy knowledge from two professional fields: journalism and organisational communication, with a focus placed on public storytelling in convergent media.
- consultancy expertise for various levels, ranging from entire organisations and associations through to individual departments, teams and individuals.
- consultancy services for various problems and issues, ranging from diagnostics and evaluation through to strategy development and conception as well as intervention and implementation.
The IAM Communications Compass, IAM Text and Media Workshops and IAM Digital Transformation Navigator consultancy services comprise specific consultancy modules that can be used individually or in combination with others.