A participatory research project with adolescents
At a glance
- Project leader: Dr. Rahel Heeg
- Co-project leader: Dr. Wird geladen… Wird geladen…
- Project team: Magdalene Schmid, Prof. Dr. Olivier Steiner, Lilian Suter, Prof. Dr. Daniel Süss
- Project status: completed
- Funding partner: Foundation (Stiftung Mercator Schweiz)
- Project partner: Hochschule für Soziale Arbeit FHNW, Institut Kinder- und Jugendhilfe , MedienFalle
- Contact person: Gregor Waller
The ZHAW Media Psychology section designed the qualitative
research project ‘Generation Smartphone’ in collaboration with the
FHNW School of Social Work. The aim is to study smartphone use and
its significance in the everyday life of 30 adolescents in the
German-speaking part of Switzerland.
The qualitative data collected is being evaluated by the ZHAW Media Psychology section, the FHNW and eight adolescents. Participatory inclusion of the adolescents in the research team ensures that the opportunities and risks of intensive smartphone use will be assessed not only from the perspective of adults but also from the perspective of the young people themselves. The research project has been made possible by Mercator Foundation Switzerland.
Genner, Sarah; Suter, Lilian,
Medien + Erziehung.
ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.21256/zhaw-4688