Cost effective smart grid solutions for the integration of renewable power sources into the low-voltage networks
techno-economic analysis of classical grid reinforcement, PV active and reactive power control (APC and RPC), line voltage regulator, on-load tap changer , battery storage and load management in several grid categories
At a glance
- Project leader: Prof. Dr. Franz Baumgartner, Prof. Dr. Petr Korba
- Project team: Fabian Carigiet, Dr. Valerijs Knazkins, Raphael Knecht
- Project budget: CHF 290'000
- Project status: completed
- Funding partner: Federal government (Bundesamt für Energie BFE)
- Project partner: Stadtwerk Winterthur, Elektrizitätswerke des Kantons Zürich EKZ, Elektrizitätswerk des Kantons Schaffhausen AG
- Contact person: Franz Baumgartner
In this project, technical performance and economic efficiency of solutions for voltage control in distribution grids with large fractions of renewables will be developed and evaluated. This will be carried out based on the analysis of existing distribution grids by extracting approximated/reduced grid models. The methodology will be applied on national as well as international (Germany and Austria) distribution grids.
Proceedings of the 35th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition.
35th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (35th EUPVSEC), Brussels, 24-27 September 2018.
Available from: https://doi.org/10.21256/zhaw-4035