MSc in Business Administration – Major Innovation and Entrepreneurship
"Leave the well-trodden path and dare to forge your own by means of inspiration, creativity, and entrepreneurial craftsmanship. Leave the ivory tower of your university and go out into the market."
Prof. Dr. Gunther Kucza, Head of Program
The concept of our MSc in Business Administration with a specialization in Innovation and Entrepreneurship is oriented towards the future needs of entrepreneurial graduates. The focus is on learning the skills for innovation-oriented activity, both in existing companies and in start-ups. In addition, students learn to cross both disciplinary and organizational boundaries and to lead and build entrepreneurial initiatives.
At a Glance
Title: Master of Science (MSc) in Business Administration with a Specialization in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Start of New Program: Mid-September
Workload: 90 ECTS credits (equivalent to approx. 2,700 hours of study)
Duration: 4 semesters (while enrolled in the program, students can hold a part-time job or do family work not exceeding a workload of 50%)
Registration deadline: 30 May 2022 - Enrollment
Tuition Fee: CHF 720.- per semester + additional study-related expenses
Admission Requirements: Admission Procedure
Language of instruction: German and English
«Innovating means testing new ideas in practice and thereby actively shaping the future of companies and society.»
Dr. Angela Beckenbauer, lecturer for innovation and technology management, Head of Business Innovation Unit
A Master in Business Administration with a specialization in Innovation and Entrepreneurship will give you the tools to actively manage and design innovation projects both in established organizations and in a start-up environment. You will be fully prepared for the opportunities and challenges of working in a rapidly changing work environment. In addition, you may be motivated to engage in your personal entrepreneurial activities. As a result, you will have excellent career development and long-term promotion opportunities.
By majoring in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, you will…
- acquire a broad-based scientific and methodological foundation you can apply to demanding, rapidly changing tasks in the world of business;
- develop, assess, and control innovations in the field of technical feasibility, economic feasibility, and social acceptance; and
- design and promote innovation projects and business model transformations across professional and organizational boundaries in different social and economic contexts - both in established companies and start-ups.
The flexible structure of this degree program also offers you the opportunity to acquire individual subject-specific skills by completing electives in the areas of ICT / digitalization, marketing, communication, and social entrepreneurship.
«Atos attaches great importance to innovation and entrepreneurial thinking. Accordingly, we are interested in employees who drive new developments with a strong entrepreneurial drive.»
Jan Villringer, Head of Business Operations, Atos
- Open innovation manager
- Innovation manager
- Innovation agent / Intrapreneur
- Technology / Commercialization leader
- Project manager, business development
- Project manager, corporate development
- Start-up entrepreneur
- Start-up coach / board member
- Business angel
- Community builder
- Venture manager
- Product manager
- Knowledge- and technology-based start-ups
- Impact-oriented start-ups (energy, mobility, society)
- Innovative companies in the consumer, industrial goods, and service industries
«The program enables students to develop new business models, realize their own business ideas, and break new ground.»
Xenia Meier, Runway Incubatee and Customer Care Representative, Elephbo
The degree program enables you work part-time (50 percent workload). Classes take place on Monday and Tuesday. In addition to advancing your knowledge of innovation and entrepreneurship, you will further develop your management skills and work on real-world projects in our Innovation & Venture Lab, developing interdisciplinary entrepreneurial solutions. In a semester abroad, you can build an international network of contacts, deepen your knowledge of foreign languages, and experience the subject matter from a different perspective.
Applications undergo an admission procedure. Admission is decided by the head of the program. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor's degree from a state-recognized university or university of applied sciences in business administration / economics (min. 180 ECTS-Credits) or the equivalent in a related degree program*
- Ability to follow German and English language instruction at university level and use teaching materials in both languages (reference value: C1 level)
- Willingness to learn and high degree of motivation
- Positive result of ability test
* If an applicant does not yet have all the entrance qualifications required for admission, or if the applicant’s Bachelor's degree is from a related degree program, he or she may be admitted under the condition of providing additional qualifications later.