We focus on practical research and consulting, combining specialist knowledge and extensive professional experience in domestic and international environments.
The key topic areas of corporate law include:
- Corporate legal consulting; from deciding on the legal form to succession planning, company dissolution, or reorganization
- Contract formation and contract management
- Know-how for boards of directors (legal instruments)
- Liability law, especially issues of corporate liability
- Debt collection and insolvency law
- Civil enforcement procedures
In evaluating different scenarios under corporate law, we always take into account any tax-economic consequences. The potential tax burden is one criterion in deciding on an effective solution. In addition, we examine all feasible taxation alternatives which might optimize a company's tax situation in a given situation.
This dualistic approach provides a special added value for the companies in question. We are also able to offer immediately applicable research findings and specialized service and consulting products of high practical value.
Current Research Projects
- Swiss National Science Foundation Project on Virtual Currencies. (PDF 93,5 KB)
- Issuing of a manual for Swiss GmbH law
Completed Research Projects
- Textbook "Prinzipien des Finanzmarktrechts" (Schulthess Juristische Medien AG; 2. edition 2017)
- Comments on Art. 41 - 61 Swiss Code of Obligations (Handkommentar zum Schweiz. Obligationenrecht; Orell Füssli Verlag; 2015)
- CTI Project “Risk-Managementsystem basierend auf den kommentierten schweizerischen Haftpflichtbestimmungen” (Dike Verlag; 2015)
- Publications of “Handbuch Schweizer Aktienrecht” (Helbing Lichtenhahn Verlag; 2014)
- Collaboration in CTI Project “City Logistics” headed by the ZHAW School of Engineering
- Publication of “Vertragsgestaltung und Vertragsmanagement, Allgemeiner Teil, Band I” (Schulthess Juristische Medien AG; 2010)