Project: Electricity Market Design - Capacity Mechanisms
Capacity mechanisms: An overview and implementation in selected European countries and their implications for Switzerland
In this project, we developed a classification system for capacity mechanisms to show the variety of different design options. This classification system was then applied to the capacity mechanisms of France, Italy, and various proposals for Germany to estimate the impact of these new markets on the Swiss electricity market.
Financing: SCCER CREST und CEEM, UNSW Australia
- Betz, R. / Cludius, J. / Riesz, J. 2015, Capacity Remuneration Mechanisms: Overview, Implementation in Selected European Jurisdictions and Implications for Switzerland, SCCER CREST Working Paper (15-07). (PDF 658,3 KB)
Supervised Bachelor's and Master's Theses, Presentations:
- Wilbers, Caspar (2015) Introduction of Capacity Mechanisms in European Energy Markets: Implications for Swiss Market Participants, Bachelor Thesis. (PDF 1,4 MB)
- Arquint, Valerio (2015) Strommarktdesign, Bachelorarbeit Energie- und Umwelttechnik.
- Workshop 21.1.2015 Winterthur (Einladung Worddocument Workshop Kapatzitätsmechanismen, Workshop Präsentation) (PDF 628,5 KB)
- Betz, R.: A Framework for Designing and Categorising Capacity Markets: Insights from an Application to Europe”, presented at the International Association of Energy Economics (IAEE) international conference, May 2015, Antalya, Turkey.
- Regina Betz (CEE, ZHAW/CEEM,UNSW Australia) (Kontakt: email@example.com)
- Johanna Cludius (CEE, ZHAW)
- Jenny Riesz (CEEM,UNSW Australia)