Master of Business Administration
The Master of Business Administration (MBA ZFH) is a comprehensive business management program that enables participants to become competent managers. The AACSB accreditation of the ZHAW School of Management and Law as well as a specific focus on strategic, financial, and international leadership and on crisis management give this MBA its unique, international profile.
Do You Still Need More Leadership Experience?
No problem: Why not do the MBA program in two stages? First complete the MAS in Business Administration (60 ECTS). Then, once you have gained the necessary leadership experience, you can enroll in the MBA Development Program (30 ECTS) to complete the additional modules needed for the MBA.
In some cases, transfer of credit from MAS BA degrees offered by other universities may also be possible.
At a glance
Qualification: Master of Business Administration ZFH (90 ECTS)
Start: 21.02.2020, 14.08.2020
Duration: approx. three years
Costs: CHF 39'900.00
ZHAW School of Management and Law campus in Winterthur, Switzerland
Language of instruction: German
"This program lays the groundwork for a successful career. A high-caliber faculty implements a very practical learning concept with excellent case studies and great guest speakers from leading companies."
Satschin Bansal, Senior Director, Head of Services & Digital Technologies EMEA, Zimmer Biomet (Lecturer in International Management)
Objectives and content
This MBA program is designed for:
- Executives responsible for the overall orientation of a company or for a corporate division
- Professionals involved in the development, analysis, and optimization of business models and processes
The MBA program enables participants:
- to prepare for higher-level management positions
- to acquire business management skills and comprehensive competencies in the most important functional areas of a company
- to master complex financial, strategic, and international challenges
- to deepen the knowledge gained through a multitude of practical case studies and a personal business case.
The MBA program consists of the following modules:
- Module 1: Introductory Seminar
- Module 2: Corporate Finance
- Module 3: Business Law and Economics
- Module 4: Strategic Management
- Module 5: Marketing Management
- Module 6: Operations and Project Management
- Module 7: Human Capital Management and Leadership
- Module 8: International Management
- Module 9: Leadership and Management (& Integration Project)
- Module 10: Strategic Leadership
- Module 11: Financial Leadership
- Module 12: International Leadership
- Module 13: Crisis Management
- Module 14: Master's Thesis
In addition to traditional teaching methods, innovative forms of teaching and learning are used in the classroom. The overall didactic goal is to transfer what has been learned into professional practice. This is why participants mainly work with case studies and within the framework of relevant simulations.
- Case study
- Problem-based learning
- Leadership simulation
Lectures/classroom sessions (usually) take place in block classes on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
Enquiries and contact
Participants can include:
- graduates of universities or universities of applied sciences with at least seven years of professional experience, who can provide proof of five years of management responsibility.
- professionals without a university degree who have at least 10 years of professional experience and relevant continuing further education qualifications (e.g., from a college of professional education and training or the examination for the advanced federal diploma of higher education), who can provide proof of five years of management responsibility.
Admissions are decided on by the Head of Program.
Information for applicants
Applications are considered in the order in which they are received.
|Start||Application deadline||Registration link|