MAS in Insurance Management
The current changes in the insurance industry require a new, comprehensive understanding of management, which we offer through this master's level university continuing education program in Insurance Management. This course of study is specifically tailored to the needs of practice in order to cope with challenging issues.
At a glance
Master of Advanced Studies ZFH in Insurance Management UAS Zurich (60 ECTS)
28 Month, more details about the implementation
Comment on costs:
The fee includes all course materials.
In addition to this, approximately CHF 8,000 should be budgeted to cover the intensive study weeks (travel, accommodation, meals, etc.)
The tuition fees amount to CHF 33'800.- and include all course material as well as supervision of the MAS work.
For the intensive weeks, an additional amount of approximately CHF 5'500.- (travel, accommodation, selected meals and activities) should be budgeted.
Tuition fees will be charged in four installments of CHF 8,000.- each (one per certificate course).
For module 9 (master thesis) a fee of CHF 1'800.- is due.
Classes take place at the ZHAW School of Management and Law in Winterthur (close to the main railway station).
Language of instruction:
Bei allen Themen wird grosser Wert auf praktische Anwendbarkeit des vermittelten Wissens gelegt. So arbeiten wir mit konkreten Fallstudien und die Teilnehmerinnen und Teilnehmer sind angehalten, ihre eigenen Erfahrungen einzubringen.
Daniel Greber, Dozent und Leiter des Instituts für Risk & Insurance
Objectives and content
The MAS in Insurance Management is aimed at ambitious specialists and team leaders from all business areas in the insurance sector wanting to acquire an in-depth insight into the insurance business together with a comprehensive understanding of management while continuing in professional practice. Participants must be able to demonstrate relevant professional experience in the insurance sector and hold a university degree while pursuing a specialist or executive career in the mid-term.
The insurance sector needs an increasing number of highly qualified specialists and executives. They are characterized by detailed specialist knowledge, analytical skills, practical experience, entrepreneurial thinking, managerial competence, and a pronounced orientation for action.
Emphasis is correspondingly placed on acquiring the following areas of competence:
- Specialist and managerial skill in the leadership of large departments within an insurance company or a general agency
- Specialist and managerial skill in the solving of insurance issues
- Analytical and methodological competence as well as reflective and evaluation skill by means of practice-oriented research projects
The degree program offers a platform for professional advancement and enables already familiar subject areas to be studied in greater depth. Graduates of the MAS study program will be fully prepared for the current and future demands of the insurance industry.
CAS in Marketing and Sales for Insurance Companies
Strategic marketing of insurance companies
- Introduction (market overview)
- Marketing management
- Product and innovation management
- Sales control
Customer relationship management of insurance companies
- Dimensions of relationship orientation
- Special features of customer relationships in assurance
- Client-orientation (quality management, service management, client retention management,complaints management)
- Analytical customer relationship management (aCRM) and client-oriented controlling
- Key account management
CAS in Strategic, Financial, and Operational Management for Insurance Companies
Strategic management of insurance companies
- Business processes (underwriting, inventory management, performance and damage)
- Organization of insurance companies (models of organizational structures in the insurance sector, organization forms of the future)
Financial and operational management of insurance companies
- Value-oriented control
- Profit and loss accounts, and balance sheets of insurance companies
- Profitability measurement
- Strategic management
- Strategy processes
- Strategic change
CAS in Regulation, Law, and Risk Management
Supervision and insurance law
- Insurance law
- Regulatory requirements in the company
- Solvency systems (SST, Solvency II)
- Differing banking and insurance regulations in Switzerland
Risk management and corporate governance
- Risk landscape of an insurance company
- Basic principles of risk management in insurance
- Risk measurement and evaluation of different risk categories
- Evaluation of solvency
- Corporate governance
CAS in Leadership and International Insurance Management
Employee development, leadership, and insurance management
- competence management
- HR marketing
- International HR marketing
- Change management
Distinguishing features, trends, challenges, and opportunities in global insurance markets
- Distinguishing features and characteristics of core markets within the EU and selected Asian countries
- Insurance systems and their performance compared to international standards
- The economic significance of the insurance sector in selected countries
The MAS in Insurance Management is characterized by methodological diversity. In addition to classroom discussion, lectures, exercises, case studies, and work on case examples from practice, a strong emphasis placed on the practical application of course content.
More details about the implementation
Enquiries and contact
Experienced specialists or executives from the insurance industry with a university degree. Admission based on other qualifications may be possible.
Information for applicants
The principal language of instruction is German.
Some course materials may be in English and selected events will also be conducted in English (recommended level B2).
|Start||Application deadline||Registration link|