Business Skills Training – The Middle East: Islamic Finance for Wealth Management
Take a first step towards business success in the Middle East. Acquire essential information, negotiation skills, and cross-cultural competencies through a new intensive program.
- Are you or your company planning to do business in the Middle East?
- Will you have to manage projects or negotiate with clients from/in the Middle East?
- Do you need in-depth business information about the region and its culture?
- Does your company plan to station expatriate staff in the Middle East?
At a glance
Qualification: Course certificate
Start: on request
Duration: 4 days
Costs: CHF 3'200.00 / € 3'200.00
Campus ZHAW School of Management and Law, Winterthur
Language of instruction: English
Objectives and content
You are an experienced wealth manager but you’ve not worked with clients from the Middle East before – this course is for you!
Within a short 4 day course you will become the same professional in the Middle East as you are at home. You will learn to understand your new clients and their approach to finance.
The course aims to
- provide theoretical and practical knowledge about the cultural aspects of developing and conducting business in the Middle East.
- help to develop the business skills needed to succeed in this particular cultural environment.
- let the participants experience an Arabic after work invitation and observe the proper etiquette.
Cultural Awareness/ Cultural Training
Introduction and framework, characteristics of doing business in the region, key elements of cultural identity, differences between the regions with e.g. with regards to consumer behavior.
Communication, establishing relations and networking, building teams, decision-making, negotiation skills, and conflict resolution.
Includes an Arabic after work invitation, where participants experience the do’s and don’ts of attending a business dinner in the Middle East.
Islamic Wealth Management
Basic principles of Islamic jurisprudence, wealth and ownership, contracting, Islamic financial tools and instruments, funds, waqfs, governance, working in a mixed environment
Enquiries and contact
Offered in cooperation with
Basic management skills, business knowledge and experience; experience in finance and/or wealth management
Information for applicants
Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
The number of participants in every course is limited. Early registration is advised.
|Start||Application deadline||Registration link|
|on request||on request||Application|