"International Business consists of a team of experts with extensive international experience able to deliver knowledge and know-how on cross-border aspects of the banking and insurance sectors. The Team International Business follows and supports the rapidly growing integration of the Zurich financial center and international markets worldwide. Study programs at the ZHAW School of Management and Law focus mainly on European and Asian markets."
Dr. Markus Braun, Head of International Business, Department of Banking, Finance, Insurance
Continuing Education Courses with an International Focus
Joint Projects with International Customers (Selection)
- Study Program for the Middle Management of the Bank of Communication, China
- International case studies in cooperation with insurance companies in Singapore
- Future Leaders of Angola: Customized study program for junior managers, Switzerland and Angola
- Braun, Markus; Bergamin, Stephan (2015). M&A: Erfolg dank Integrationsmanagement. Zürich: NZZ Libro.
- Braun, Markus (2016). Aus zwei mach eins: Fusionen und Uebernahmen: Interview mit Markus Braun. Die Bank - Zeitschrift für Bankpolitik und Praxis, 2/2016. 76-77
- Kessler, Esther; Prandini, Markus; Wu, Juan (2014) Chinese Companies in Switzerland, Central European Business Review, 3, 3. 23-30.
MAS in Wealth Management in Shanghai to Start in Mid-April
From 3 to 6 March, the ZHAW School of Management and Law (SML) and its cooperation partner, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), conducted their second marketing campaign for the MAS in Wealth Management in Shanghai.
The two marketing events took place on 3 March in the monumental building of the Agricultural Bank (Tower of Agricultural Bank) in the center of the Lujiazui financial district in East Shanghai (Pudong) and on 4 March on the campus of Shanghai Jiao Tong University in West Shanghai (Puxi). More than 70 interested participants attended.
Guest of honor and keynote speaker Dr. Urs Buchmann, Vice President Greater China at Credit Suisse, talked about the origins, development, and prospects of Swiss private banking. With his profound knowledge of Swiss and Chinese history, his extensive experience in the Chinese market and dealing with Chinese regulators, and his perfect Chinese, he proved to be a very persuasive champion of the MAS program.
Isabelle Goetz and Linda Lou of Swissnex China informed participants of the scientific and practical focus of ZHAW, its role in the Swiss education system, and its international network. After the events, many participants gave positive feedback and asked questions about the program and the admission requirements via WeChat - the most popular online communication tool in China.
On 6 March, Dr. Markus Braun and Wei Sun of ZHAW as well as Ying Xia, Li Yan, Yan Qingling, and Xiuwen Mao of SJTU paid a visit to the Bank of Shanghai. Shelley Xia, Head of Private Banking & Wealth Management, expressed her appreciation to the delegates for their visit. She was convinced, she said, that the MAS in Wealth Management was a highly attractive and important educational program. She intends to discuss a future collaboration with the bank's management.
The MAS in Wealth Management program is expected to start on 15 April.