Development of a validated questionnaire for the assessment of sleep quality based on a cosmetics line
At a glance
- Project leader : Petra Huber
- Co-project leader : Susanne Heldmaier
- Deputy of project leader : Annette Bongartz
- Project team : Dr. Amandine André, Marie-Louise Cezanne, Ivo Kaelin
- Project budget : CHF 130'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Public sector (excl. federal government) (Forschungsfonds Aargau), Third party (Mibelle Group)
- Project partner : Mibelle Group, 5033 Buchs (AG)
- Contact person : Petra Huber
The aim of this project was to develop a care product that demonstrably improves the quality of life. This forms the basis for a new innovative product group in the personal care sector. In use, the pilot product's formulation, texture and novel combination of active ingredients (neurofragrance) demonstrated a provable holistic additional effect on sleep quality that went beyond the basic benefit for the skin. The development of a novel scientific test methodology was the prerequisite for demonstrating and statistically proving the desired effect.
The experimental design in this project was based on a questionnaire to be validated (self-evaluation), biophysical approaches (measurement of bodily functions and their changes, in this case the recording of heart rate variability, HRV for short) and biometric statistical evaluation (pattern recognition through significant correlation and cluster analyses).