Forecasting techniques and systems for congestions
Analysis of the requirements for a forecasting system for congestion for the Swiss National Road Network. Design and development of a concept for a novel forecasting tool.
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Marcel Burkhard, Prof. Dr. Thomas Ott
- Project team : Clare Estelle Jackson, Simon Kauflin, Prof. Dr. Urs Mürset, Irene Stoob
- Project budget : CHF 495'000
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : Federal government (Bundesamt für Strassen ASTRA)
- Project partner : ASTRA / RappTrans AG
- Contact person : Thomas Ott
The aim of the project is to develop a traffic jam forecasting
system for the Swiss natioanl road network.
The awarding authority for this project ist the federal office for roads (ASTRA).
The project mandate covers the description of existing systems and methods for congestion forecasts, an analysis of the needs as well as the clarification of questions regarding the data requirement and the data availability for today's and future systems.
Furthermore, a system concept for a congestion forecasting tool
for the Swiss National Road Network will be developed.
The project is realized in cooperation with Rapp Trans AG, Zurich/Basel.