SAVE - Smart Alarms & Verified Events
At a glance
- Project leader : Prof. Dr. Kurt Stockinger
- Project team : Katrin Affolter, Prof. Dr. Martin Braschler, Jürg Deneke, Pascal Hulalka, Peter Monte, Markus Proelss, Ana-Claudia Sima, Jan Stampfli, Emil von Wattenwyl
- Project status : completed
- Funding partner : CTI
- Project partner : Sitasys
- Contact person : Kurt Stockinger
False alarms are a major cost driver for owners of alarm systems. To remedy this problem, we develop a novel alarm verification service by leveraging the power of an alarm data warehouse. By analyzing live streams of alarms, comparing them with historic alarms and enriching them with information from open data, our system learns how to identify false alarms, which helps human responders in their decision about triggering costly intervention forces or not.
In this project we will apply modern big data technology such as Spark SQL und Spark Streaming as well as state-of-the-art information retrieval and machine learning algorithms to solve this challenge with our industry partner Sitasys – one of the international leaders in secure alarm transmission.
Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Extending Database Technology.
EDBT 2018, Vienna, Austria, 26-29 March 2018.
Available from : https://doi.org/10.21256/zhaw-3487
Stampfli, Jan; Stockinger, Kurt ,
Available from : https://doi.org/10.21256/zhaw-3785