Our research agenda covers the following areas and is conducted within the confines of projects executed with industry partners:
- Database and Big Data technology
- Data Mining, Statistics and Predictive Modeling
- Machine Learning and Graph Analytics
- Information Retrieval and Natural Language Processing
- Business Intelligence and Visual Analytics
- Data Warehousing and Decision Support
- Communication and Visualization of Results
- Privacy, Security and Ethics
- Entrepreneurship and Data Product Design
This list gets directly filled from ZHAW's project database. Not all projects may show up due to interlinkage aspects.
SNF/NRP project: Bio-SODA
One of the major promises of Big Data lies in the simultaneous mining of multiple sources of data. This is particularly important in life sciences, where different and complementary data are scattered across multiple resources. To overcome this issue, the use of RDF/semantic web technology is emerging, but querying these systems often proves to be too complex for most users—thereby hampering wide development and adoption of these technologies.