Career prospects after your Master in Facility Management
The Master of Science in Facility Management lays the foundations for a career with excellent prospects.
The Master of Science in Facility Management at ZFH is a nationally and internationally recognised qualification.
Students learn how to manage complexity at the same time as expanding their academic skills. A Master’s qualification is increasingly regarded as an entry-level requirement for management roles, particularly in companies with a global presence. The ever-growing pressure to cut costs and increase productivity means that skilled facility managers are much sought after in both the private and public sectors.
A wide variety of technical and executive roles are therefore open to graduates of the MSc course, for example with:
- General contractors
- FM/total service providers
- Public real estate management companies
- Project developers
- Construction companies, housing cooperatives, real estate agencies
- Municipal infrastructure companies (public services, post, transport, energy, water)
- Healthcare providers
- Financial service providers
- Research institutes
Other areas of work
- Teaching and research/development at universities
- Self-employed roles in new fields of business (consulting, development, services)
- Specialist functions such as portfolio management
- Business consultancy
The Association ALUMNI ZHAW Facility Management (FM) was founded in 2010. It welcomes graduates of study programs of the ZHAW Institute for Facility Management and the preceding schools.
The ALUMNI FM of the ZHAW promotes single discipline and interdisciplinary networking, events as well as education and training. It is committed to representing the interests of its members with respect to stakeholders interested in facility management.