The call is supporting research projects concerned with biocatalysis, i.e. the chemical transformation catalyzed by one or multiple enzymes in any form, and platforms enabling the discovery, application and optimization of biocatalysts.
Seven projects were selected for funding
Based on the recommendation of the Working Group the Scientific Committee selected seven research projects for funding
- Improved Whole Cell Biocatalysts for P450 catalyzed API Metabolite Synthesis Martin Held (ETHZ, Basel)
- Engineered Halogenases for the Late Stage Functionalization of Added-Value Chemicals Rebecca Buller (ZHAW, Wädenswil), Radka Snajdrova (Novartis Pharma AG, Basel), Olivier Loiseleur, Régis Mondiere (Syngenta Crop Protection AB, Basel)
- Construction of a simple S-Adenosylmethionine Regeneration System for Preparative Enzyme Catalyzed Methylation Florian P. Seebeck (Universität Basel)
- Supramoleculary Engineered Nanobiocatalysts Capable of Asymmetric Catalysis in Organic Solvents [NanoBioCat] Patrick Shahgaldian, Philippe F.-X. Corvini (FHNW, Muttenz)
- Biocatalytic Production of (R)-α-ionone Rebecca Buller, Dieter Eibl (ZHAW, Wädenswil)
- In situ Immobilized Biocatalysts – Production and Characterization of Catalytically Active Enzyme Inclusion Bodies Lukas Neutsch, Christian Adlhart (ZHAW, Wädenswil)
- Biocatalytic Functionalization of Biopolyesters Manfred Zinn (HES-SO Valais-Wallis, Sion)
Call "Research Projects"
The call is supporting projects concerned with biocatalysis, i.e. the chemical transformation catalyzed by one or multiple enzymes in any form, and platforms enabling the discovery, application and optimization of biocatalysts.
- Process design of biocatalytic reactions or enzyme production processes
- Improvement of enzyme scope, robustness and production cost
- Novel biocatalytic transformations (e.g. implementation of underexploited enzyme families, cascade reactions, improved cofactor recycling, enzyme repurposing)
- Generic chassis strain development
- Acceleration of biocatalytic route development (e.g. via bioretrosynthesis, HTS screening methods, smart enzyme library design)
- New applications in biocatalysis (e.g. biopolymers with new properties, functionalization of surfaces, cell free protein expression, diagnostics)