The section of biocatalysis works closely together with members of the Competence Center of Biocatalysis (CCBIO) and academic and industrial partners.
- As a member of the National Centre of Competence in Research “Suchcat”, we develop biocatalysts for sustainable, resource-efficient and CO2-neutral chemical production based on abundant renewable resources.
- Within the framework of «Bridge» a Toolbox Peptide-based drugs is being developed.
- Within the network project «Innovation in Biocatalysis» with the help of enzymes Production of (R)-α-ionone (PDF 130,5 KB) is studied and new Halogenasen (PDF 66,6 KB) are being researched..
- In the Innosuisse Projekt 28285.1 PFLS-LS alpha-ketoglutarate dependent enzymes as biocatalysts for sustainable chemical synthesis are explored in collaboration with Novartis.
- In the Innosuisse Projekt 25929.2 PFLS-LS Biocatalytic production of natural flavours and fragrances is investigated together with Firmenich.
- In collaboration with CCOS (Culture Collection of Switzerland) an Ene Reductase Library is being established.
- Further projects include the optimisation of fermentations (partner not public).