Collaborations and Funding
The section of biocatalysis works closely together with members of the Competence Center of Biocatalysis (CCBIO) and academic and industrial partners.
- Within Innosuisse Projekt 46150.1 IP-LS we study in collaboration with Syngenta the “Biocatalytic halogenation for the sustainable development of agrochemicals”.
- Within the Health Research Hub at the ZHAW we work with our colleagues from the Institute of Food and Beverage Innovation on "Strategies to reduce mycotoxins in grain" through the application of functional microorganisms and / or tailored enzymes.
- As a member of the National Centre of Competence in Research “Catalysis”, we develop biocatalysts for sustainable, resource-efficient and CO2-neutral chemical production based on abundant renewable resources.
- Bilateral project with Roche
- Within the framework of «Bridge» a "Toolbox Peptide-based drugs "is being developed.
- Within the network project Innovation in Biocatalysis with the help of enzymes "Production of (R)-α-ionone (PDF 130,5 KB)" is studied and new "Halogenasen (PDF 66,6 KB)" are being researched.
- In the Innosuisse Projekt 28285.1 PFLS-LS "alpha-ketoglutarate dependent enzymes as biocatalysts for sustainable chemical synthesis " are explored in collaboration with Novartis.
- In the Innosuisse Projekt 25929.2 PFLS-LS "Biocatalytic production of natural flavours and fragrances" is investigated together with Firmenich.
- In collaboration with CCOS (Culture Collection of Switzerland) an Ene Reductase Library is being established.
- Further projects include the optimisation of fermentations (partner not public).