Continuing education in Computational Science and Artificial Intelligence
The job market is calling for specialists with specific skills in data science, modeling and simulation. Expertise in dealing with digital tools and large volumes of data is becoming an essential skill for specialists. Update your skills for a digital future!
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a technological revolution that will have a lasting impact on industry and society. The Institute of Applied Simulation (IAS) at the ZHAW has recognized the importance of AI and offers modular and practice-oriented courses in various fields of AI for students, professionals and managers. Markets, company structures and processes are not only complex, but are also changing ever more rapidly. Specific skills in modeling and simulation are essential to constantly find intelligent and sustainable solutions.
Therefore, we have created a new kind of “Certificate of Advanced Studies” (CAS) in Digital Life Sciences with the possibility to specialize in "Simulation of Complex Processes". The CAS is modular, flexible and cost effective. This allows participants to choose the subjects they want to study and to put together their own certificate over the course of three years. With the support of the IAS the participants will answer questions that are specific to their company as part of their final thesis.This is a central part of the CAS.
We will provide you with the necessary tools to prepare yourself for the versatile and exciting field of computational science and the attractive job opportunities that are available.
Detailed descriptions of the CAS and the individual courses are listed below.
The advantages of a CAS in Digital Life Sciences
- Modular – A variety of courses
- Personalized – Configurable according to your own schedule
- Customized – Can be combined according to your individual requirements
- On Site – Zurich and Waedenswil
- Online – Supported with online courses
- On the Job – Diploma thesis can address a question from your own organisation
The CAS DLS is aimed at professionals in all areas of the life sciences who have a university degree and wish to further their development in digital data processing. Practitioners with comparable professional competence can also be admitted (Sur-Dossier admission).
CAS in Digital Life Sciences (12 ECTS) / Start: Anytime
- Module "Machine Learning Fundamentals in Python" (2 ECTS) Start: 08.04.2021
- Module "Natural Language Processing Fundamentals" (2 ECTS) Start: 09.06.2021
- Module "Deep Learning Fundamentals" (4 ECTS) Start: 16.09.2021
- Module "Artificial Intelligence for Managers" (2 ECTS) Start: On request
The following modules in the field of modeling and simulation are offered in cooperation with the University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil and are part of the CAS in Digital Life Sciences:
- Module "Process Simulation Fundamentals" (1 ECTS) Start: 01.09.2021
- Module "Simulating Complex Processes" (2 ECTS) Start: 29.09.2021
- Module "Collecting, Generating & Structuring Data for Simulations" (1 ECTS) Start: 17.11.2021
- Module "Validation, Experimentation & Communicating Results from Simulations" (1 ECTS) Start: 23.02.2022
- Module" Advanced Modelling of Complex Processes" (2 ECTS) Start: 23.03.2022
- Module" The Process Simulation Project" (1 ECTS) Start: 11.05.2022
- Module "Process Simulation Specialization & Capstone Project" (4 ECTS) Start: On request