Transforming Data into Knowledge
Acquisition | Structuring | Formalization | Visualization
Information and the knowledge derived from it have become two of the most important production factors in our economy. The research group breaks down information and expert knowledge into their basic building blocks so they can be integrated into a variety of computer applications.
Expert systems and self-learning, bio-inspired algorithms are used, inter alia, to make information quickly accessible and solution-oriented. The Knowledge Engineering group develops solutions in the fields of big data, high performance computing, data communication and visualisation of multivariate data.
The technologies used range from smart-phone apps to complex integrated online systems, to Hadoop, Spark and Python in the field of high performance computing.
Areas of application
- Collecting and analysing information, data and processes in interdisciplinary projects
- Processing, structuring and integrating large data and knowledge bases
- Implementing self-learning, fault-tolerant algorithms
- Usability concepts and designs
- Interactive communication and visualisation
- «Internet of Things» and Industry 4.0 applications
- High performance computing
ZHAW LSFM App - Digital Study Guide and Campus Guide for Visitors
The app should pick up the mobile LSFM students in everyday life and offer an optimal added value. Concepts, which are already successfully used in apps by colleges and universities, should be integrated into the iStudent@ZHAW LSFM App. Although iPhone, iPad and Android are currently the most common mobile devices among Swiss students, the ...