Digital Ethics by DesignApply
At a glance
Certificate of attendance "Digital Ethics by Design" (2 ECTS)
2.5 days / 22h preparation for Case Study / 22h Self Study, more details about the implementation
Comment on costs:
You might qualify for a 50% reduction, see below!
Language of instruction:
04.04.2024, 09:00 - 17:30
05.04.2024, 09:00 - 17:30
17.04.2024, 14:00 - 17:30
Deepak's training effortlessly bridges the gap between theory and practice. With empathy and insight from facilitator's wide experience, they demonstrated practical tools and ways to structure strategic projects, and had fun with it as well.
Mark Rowan, Ex VP Swiss Re, Entrepreneur
Objectives and content
This course aims at decision-makers, transformation managers, early to mid manager level, who would like to understand the ethical risks of digitization and consciously embed ethical aspects in the design of transformations & technologies.
According to PwC, AI could contribute up to $15.7 trillion to the global economy in 2030, more than the current output of China and India combined. However, there is a looming crisis of trust in digital technologies that threaten to derail progress.
How can we make our digital transformations and technologies more ethical and trustworthy? The answer lies in embedding Ethics by Design.
Digital Ethics by Design provides a framework to:
- Understand the current digital ethical challenges such as data protection, security, representation fairness & transparency, and emergent dilemmas of futuristic technologies.
- Learn the approaches to embed ethics in the design of digital transformations and technologies through e.g. proactive measures, internal and external governance structure, and innovative approaches to ethically engage users.
- Translate and communicate digital ethics as a competitive advantage to enhance trust and end-user participation.
In this course, participants will work in a case study environment and present their results at the end of the course.
After completing the module, participants will be able to:
- Identify ethical challenges in developing, implementing, or using technologies
- Understand the complexities of ethical decision making
- Develop systemic approaches to embed ethics as part of digital transformations & technologies
- Learn in an interactive case study based environment
The module covers the following topics:
- General Introduction to Digital Ethics
- Data Security & Protection
- Representation Fairness & Transparency
- Ethical by Design Structures and Strategies
- The Future Challenges of GNR (Genetics, Nanotechnology, and Robotics) age
CAS in Digital Life Sciences
This module is part of the CAS in Digital Life Sciences continuing education programme, but can also be attended independently of the CAS. Credit points earned for this module can be credited to the CAS course at a later date, provided the relevant general conditions are fulfilled.
More information here: CAS in Digital Life Sciences
The course includes two full-day lessons organized on Thursday and Friday and one afternoon for case study presentations. In this course, participants will work in a case study environment and present their results at the end of the course.
More details about the implementation
- Preparatory exercises: 10%
- Exercises during the course: 40%
- Case study challenge: 50%
Deepak masterfully combines a structured and rigorous approach to tackling fundamental questions central to an ethically sound digital transformation with an exceptionally open ear for discussions and a degree of humility and enthusiasm I have rarely encountered.
Laura K., multilingual communications specialist - she has private market and institutional clients
Enquiries and contact
Deepak has 15+ years in the corporate world and has held Executive positions in Consulting and Multinationals like Accenture, Deutsche Post DHL, and Zurich Insurance Company. He has served in the roles of country COO and Global Head of AI & Robotics for the General Insurance division of Zurich Insurance.
Standing at the intersection of Technology (MTech - India), Business (MBA, HSG Switzerland), and Humanity (MA, Philosophy, California), he provides a multi-disciplinary perspective to the challenges of our times. He is the founder and MD of Meaning Quotient, a learning organization that embeds values and ethics in the personal, business, and digital world.
Offered in cooperation with
Swiss Digital Initiative & Digital Switzerland
For our course "Digital Ethics by Design" we are cooperating with Digital Switzerland LIfeLearning. Their programme “Your opportunity to remain competent” supports the acquisition of digital skills and basic competences of Swiss employees with conditional co-financing so that they can seize further learning opportunities in an increasingly digital economy.
Participants who work for Swiss SMEs or are self-employed can be reimbursed 50% of the course costs of up to CHF 1000. More information and registration here: https://lifelonglearning.ch/en/boost/
|Start||Application deadline||Registration link|