The ZHAW’s School of Applied Linguistics maintains a strong international network supporting exchanges with other universities.
A variety of international programmes and bilateral agreements enable ZHAW students to spend individual semesters at universities outside Switzerland. Students on study visits from other universities appreciate the range of courses the school offers and the amenities provided by the city of Winterthur and Zurich, its larger neighbour. Generally speaking, international exchanges are organised within the framework of an international exchange programme.
We support our students in their endeavours to spend one semester studying abroad, since this will give them an opportunity of accumulating experience of other cultures, of developing an international network of their own and of improving their subsequent career prospects. Usually, these semesters abroad are organised through an international exchange programme.
Students spending one semester at the ZHAW have a wide range of courses to choose from and may attend sessions in many specialisations.
- Information for incoming students(PDF 3,3 MB)
- General information for visiting international students
- Courses for incoming exchange students, BA in Multilingual Communication(PDF 302,4 KB)
- Courses for incoming exchange students, BA in Communication, spring semester (in German only)(PDF 149,2 KB)
- Courses for incoming exchange students, BA in Communication, autumn semester (in German only)(PDF 86,2 KB)
- Programme for international students - Master in Applied Linguistics with a specialisation in Organisational Communication(PDF 169,3 KB)
- "Studying at the ZHAW? Everything you need to know"
- Erasmus Student Network
If you are interested in a stay abroad, please contact the person responsible for your degree programme and your preferred destination or home country.