Winter School 2018, 8 January to 2 February 2018
A cooperation between the ZHAW School of Health Professions, the ZHAW School of Social Work, the INUAS and the Cohehre network.
Challenges in Interprofessional Health and Social Care
We offer a unique opportunity to meet Swiss and other international students to discuss similarities and differences in interprofessional health and social care. Together, students of health care and social work learn during role plays, study visits and interactive lectures about collaboration in interprofessional teams, about different health and social care systems or how to sensibly act with clients from different cultures. At the same time, the beauty of the Swiss Winter Mountains is only a short travel away.
Sorry, the Winter School 2018 is full. No more registration possible.
This was the International Winter School 2017
Former Winter Schools
Courses and timeframe
There are six different one-week courses students can choose from. Participants can choose one course per week. A stay of one week up to four weeks is possible (choosing one up to four different courses).
Credits: 2 ECTS after successful assessment.
- Counselling (German)
- Crisis and Coping (German)
- Interprofessional Collaboration (German)
- Diversity in Health Professions (English)
- Study Visits to Swiss Health and Social Care Institutions (English)
- Boost your Professional Identity and its Visibility (English)
Group sizes: courses 1-4 & 6 host up to 120 students while course 5 only takes 25 students.
International classroom: the German courses (1-3) are less international (around 90% Swiss students) than the courses offered in English (4-6; 20-50% Swiss students).
- all 360 Bachelor-students of the health professions of ZHAW, some ZHAW Social Work students
- around 150 students from partner institutions of ZHAW School of Health Professions or ZHAW School of Social Work studying a health or social profession
- the courses are interprofessional
- courses 1-3 & 5: some practical experience required, at least 2nd year of study
- courses 1-3: German language level B1-B2 required
- courses 4-6: English language level B1-B2 required
- course 6, week 2: only Occupational Therapy students
Costs and accommodation for students
Course: € 50 per 1-week-course
Included: teaching, transportation to institutional visits, part of the social program
- Couch surfing: € 50 per 1-week-course
- Youth hostel Winterthur: € 30 per night (Webpage)
- Meals: approx. € 15-20 per day
- Transportation to airport: € 15 return
Monday, 17.00: Welcome reception
Tuesday, 17.30: International dinner – please bring your local specialities
Availability of places
The courses have limited capacity for international students, so we recommend you to contact your local international coordinator already before the summer.
The courses will be carried out at ZHAW School of Health Professions, Winterthur, Switzerland.
Course venue: Technikumstrasse 71, 8400 Winterthur
Winterthur is a very pretty, small town near Zurich. The cities of Zurich, Berne and Lucerne as well as the Swiss mountains with its skiing resorts are easily reachable by public transport.