Externship Workshop Advanced Family Systems Care
Lorraine M. Wright and Janice M. Bell will present their Advanced Practice Models for Caring for Families with competence, confidence and compassion.
Our health care system needs Advanced Family Systems Care in order to meet the current challenges such as increasing chronic illnesses, a growing population of elderly, and new healing and treatment practices that soften suffering and promotes hope and healing. As a specialist in Advanced Family Systems Care you are able to assist families experiencing complex and serious illnesses and to provide clinical leadership for your nursing and health care team.
This four day workshop provides the extraordinary possibility to have Lorraine M. Wright, RN, PhD and Janice M. Bell, RN, PhD in Switzerland. The presenters will offer their specific knowledge, research and clinical skills that will enhance and enrich your important work of caring for families through direct clinical practice, education, and/or research.
- llness Beliefs Model: Advanced Practice Clinical Model
- Trinity Model: Advanced Practice Clinical Model
- How to offer and conduct useful and healing therapeutic conversations
- How to soften illness suffering and promote hope and healing
- What are the family interventions that matter and are most effective?
- What is the connection between suffering and spirituality?
- Application of two advanced family nursing clinical models in practice, research, and education with families
- Observation/Participation in a live family interview
Target Group and Preconditions
This workshop is designed for practicing nurses, health care professionals, educators and researchers who are committed to caring for families with compassion, competence, and confidence.
- Two years of professional experience within a healthcare profession
- A basic understanding of the Calgary Family Assessment and Intervention Model
- Good knowledge of English
Schedule and Amount of Work Required
The class lessons are 7 - 8 lessons per day. Lessons are held from 09.15 - 16.45 (including breaks) each day.
The number of participants in every course is limited. Early registration is advised.
Fee and Costs
The course documents and administration are included in the fees. Further optional specialists literature are at the participants own expense.
Winterthur is a very pretty small town about a 20 minute train ride from Zurich. The cities of Zurich, Berne and Lucerne as well as the Swiss mountains are easily reachable by public transport. Winterthur offers a variety of hotels, backpacker or youth hostel. You will find further information at www.winterthur-tourismus.ch