Children- and Adolescent Health in Switzerland: Evidence, Strategies and Stakeholders
The Swiss TPH offers a new course on child- and adolescent health in Switzerland.
Credits accepted in the pHD SSPH + Program, Swiss Master of Public Health and Post-graduate Training as school doctor/school health professional ZHAW Winterthur (CAS Schulärztin/Schularzt/school health professional)
At a glance
Qualification: Course Certification: Children- and Adolescent Health in Switzerland: Evidence, Strategies and Stakeholders (1 ECTS)
Start: on request
Duration: 2 days (01st and 15th November 2018)
Costs: CHF 1'100.00
The course takes place at the University Basel.
Language of instruction: German, English
Course language: German, but English-Speakers are welcome.
Most literature is available in English (or French) and main slides can be provided in English.
Objectives and content
The course is conceptualized for students or professionals interested in linking epidemiology, praxis and policy in child and adolescent health, with a special focus on school health programs and school health.
Aim of the course is to
- learn basics on epidemiological methods in child- and abdolescent health
- learn about the DOHAD theory and the life course approach in child and adolescent health
- get familiarized with national a data on child and adolescent health to identify and describe relevant public health needs in child and adolescent health
- learn about Swiss school health screening and school projects on health and prevention
- learn about availability and relevance of national strategies in child and adolescent health
Please find more information on the course under
Enquiries and contact
PD Dr. med. Julia Dratva (SSPH + faculty)
Course time (subject to change):
01st + 15th November 2018
|Start||Application deadline||Registration link|
|on request||on request||Application|