The future will be smart. And you can shape it with just as smart products – from the tiniest components up to huge grids.
As an electrical engineer you can find your vocation in various industries. You contribute to the development to an astonishing range from spectroscopes to cardiac pacemakers to power plants, from mobile applications and Internet routers to radar systems and communication satellites, from elevators to robots and electric cars in smart cities.
The MSE profile Electrical Engineering covers a wide range of topics:
- Electronic systems
- Embedded systems
- Signal processing
- Communication and information systems
- Power electronics systems
- Electrical machines and drive systems
- Electrical power transportation and distribution
Details can be found in the profile description.
Applying for the MSE you chose an institute to study Electrical Engineering. The institutes interpret the profiles individually.
Institute of Energy Systems and Fluid Engineering (IEFE)
Institute of Mechatronic Systems (IMS)
Institute of Embedded Systems (InES)
Institute of Signal Processing and Wireless Communications (ISC)
After graduating the MSE in Electrical Engineering, you can handle complex tasks in applied research, industry relevant development as well as in the production and operation of electrical equipment and systems. In particular, you independently define requirements and determine the appropriate technologies and procedures to meet those requirements. You specify and manage the manufacture, operation and maintenance of electrical components and systems.
- Advanced control (TSM_AdvContr)
- Advanced electronic design (TSM_AdvElDes)
- Design of embedded hardware and firmware (TSM_EmbHardw)
- Embedded real-time software (TSM_EmbReal)
- Power electronics systems (TSM_PowElSys)
- Signal processing and transmission (TSM_SignProc)
- Statistical digital signal processing and modeling (52 TSM_StatDig)
- Numerical analysis and computer algebra (FTP_CompAlg)
- Physics on micro and nano scale
- Digital Image Processing
- Machine Learning
- Management of complex processes (CM_ComplPro)
- Technology Management
- Scientific Writing and Presenting
As MSE graduates, you can independently advance the state of the art by performing applied research and development in your area of expertise. You will be able to develop innovative concepts, explain your designs and technological innovations to the Bachelor students carrying out the actual implementation and exercise the technical supervision. In addition, you assess the work of your Bachelor colleagues and apply corrective actions if necessary.
Information events and application