MSE Study at the Institute of applied Information Technology (InIT)
The Institute of applied Information Technology (InIT) offers more than 30 master study places in the MSE (Master of Science in Engineering). Students can study in one of the two MSE profiles Computer Science and Data Science in all of the five specializations.
Two thirds of your MSE study will take place at our institute. Here you will work on our research and development projects in your specialization area in collaboration with industrial partners. Furthermore, you can participate in the specialized supplementary modules offered by our institute below. You can study the MSE fulltime or part-time. For part-time students we offer the possibility to work at our institute as research assistants.
Individual specialization is possible in all five research groups of InIT:
- Human-Information Interaction: Speech-based Interaction, Mobile Usability, ICT-Accessibility, Visual Computing
- Information Engineering: Big and Nano Data, Data Understanding
- Information Security: Software Security, Cyber Attacks and Defense
- Service Engineering: Cloud Computing, Service Prototyping, Cloud Robotics
- Software Systems: Automatic Software Generation, Automatic Software Development Life Cycle
As a Master’s student at our institute, you can benefit from specialized supplementary modules (EVAs) that we have developed specifically for our MSE students. These modules allow you to deepen your knowledge in your specialization area:
- Advanced Visual Computing (PDF 81,2 KB) (2 ECTS)
- Artificial Intelligence Seminar (PDF 225,3 KB) (2 ECTS)
- Information Security Seminar (PDF 82,1 KB) (2 ECTS)
- Machine Intelligence (PDF 80,2 KB) (4 ECTS)
- Mobile Usability Testing (PDF 81,3 KB) (2 ECTS)
- Mobile User Experience Design (PDF 83,2 KB) (4 ECTS)
- Security Analysis and Testing (PDF 81,8 KB) (4 ECTS)
Information events and application
Registrations for the autumn semester (starting in September) are possible from the beginning of February until the end of April. For the spring semester of the next year (starting in February) from the beginning of August until the end of October.
- none scheduled
Please find below some examples of our industrial partners, at which the students can write their master theses.