IEEE1588 Network Monitoring Software
PTPManager is an application developed at Zurich University of Applied Sciences – Institute of Embedded Systems. It allows observing and managing IEEE 1588 – PTP clocks connected to an Ethernet network.
The Communication between the PTPManager application and the PTP clocks uses PTP management messages according to the IEEE 1588-2002 standard.
This software is free and provided as is. Its is published under the GPL license. ZHAW/InES does not provide support for PTPManager.
For bug reports please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Platform independent – written in Java
- Graphical viewing and editing off all datasets defined in the PTP standard
- Graphical representation of the PTP network’s synchronization hierarchy
- Graphical visualization of clock data like the current offset from master over time
- Collecting and logging PTP-clock data into XML-files
PTPManager consist of two parts: PTPManagerServer and PTPManagerClient.
The server part does the actual communication with the PTP network and is a console application. The client provides a graphical user interface and controls the server. Client and server can, but have not to run on the same system.
The system running the server needs a direct connection to the PTP multicast domain. The communication between client and server takes place through TCP port 1099.
This architecture allows to place the server on a separate measurement system somewhere in the PTP network and to run the client (GUI) on a separate PC.
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.5 or later
- Graphical user environment (client part only)
The Java Runtime Environment can be downloaded for all major operating systems from: www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp