The current bike-sharing system in Vienna was implemented in 2003. With this study the City of Vienna wants to find strategies for optimising the bike-sharing system when it comes to its quality, density and range. Likely developments for the future will also be identified.
- Factors influencing the use of the bike-sharing system
- Innovative technologies for bike-sharing systems
- International comparison of the bike-sharing system in Vienna
- Optimisation of costs
The result of the study will be a clear set of recommendations for the City of Vienna. To formulate the recommendations several alternatives will be evaluated and presented.
At a glance
- Alberto Castro
- Rosinak & Partner ZT GmbH
- Austrian Institute of Technology
Financing: City of Wien
Project status: closed, 01.10.2013 bis 28.02.2014