Rail Clouds: Rail infrastructure in 3D point clouds
The Rail Clouds project aims at providing a general overview of the possibilities to process 3D point clouds from railway areas.
The Rail Clouds project aims at providing a general overview of the possibilities to process 3D point clouds from railway areas. The project is carried out in cooperation with Amberg Technologies and focuses on the following questions:
- Which information is enclosed in dense point clouds?
- Which parameters are essential for information extraction?
- Which information is essential for current customers?
- Which additional information might be important for new customers?
- Is it possible to use fully automated processing and reasoning of 3D point cloud data, independently of the type and density of the clouds?
The outcomes of the project shall provide information about possible applications of automated systems for 3D point cloud processing in railway infrastructure. Such systems could play a particularly important role in safety applications of the future.
Project start: 01.09.2013
Project duration: 9 months (est.)