Interfaces between materials and their environment: coatings, functional surfaces and adhesive technology
Costumized surface properties give the desired functionality to a material. The interaction of different materials also depends on their surfaces, such as in wear processes or adhesive applications. In its laboratories, the IMPE team investigates surface processes and modifies surfaces using a wide range of coating processes.
- Polymer coatings (lacquers, paints)
- Sol-gel coatings
- Bonding and adhesion technology
- Ceramic and metallic coatings
- Surface functionalization
- Nanostructuring of surfaces (catalysts)