Sustainable energy supply is more popular than ever. Renewable energies can quickly be regenerated and are endless.
Limited resources of fossil energy sources such as crude oil or coal, increased awareness of environmental and climate protection and the desire to be less dependent on energy exporters are resulting in a growing demand for a sustainable solution in the form of renewable energies. In addition to hydropower, this particularly includes solar power in the form of photovoltaics or solar heat, geothermal energy, tidal power, as well as wind and bio-energy.
IEFE is involved in a variety of projects to optimise processes for utilising renewable energies. Particularly in the following areas:
- Thermal processes
- Layout and design of photovoltaic systems
- Maximising the power consumption of photovoltaic systems
- Yield analyses of various photovoltaic technologies
- Developing new photovoltaic components
- Developing new metrology for the photovoltaics industry
- Expertise for comparing technologies
- Basic engineering in the biogas process
- Optimising drying processes for biosolids