The increasing use of renewable energy sources and the increasing number of systems powered by electricity call for powerful yet economic capacitors.
Characteristics such as the electricity ratings, life, cycle stability and safety-related aspects are determining factors in storing electric energy.
- highly efficient controlling power components,
- measuring electric capacity,
- intelligent energy management and
- controlling energy systems.
The work of the capacitors’ technical unit includes
- Energy Storage: Characterisation of capacitors, battery management system and algorithms, charging strategies, simulating load behaviour
- High-efficiency power components: Characterising power loss, developing and optimising power components
- Metrology for measuring performance and energy: Precision power detectors, performance and energy measurement systems
- Collecting and preparing performance data: Energy gateway, smart grid
- Controlling energy systems: Optimal control of energy systems
Energy Storage project examples
- Battery system for a low-noise electric plane
- Multi-function Li-ion battery tester