Natural Language Processing Group
“We combine foundational research with industrial applications to build new and innovative products and services, while at the same time exploring the necessary ethical and social boundaries.”
- Text analytics
- Dialogue systems
- Speech processing
The NLP research team develops technologies for the analysis, understanding and generation of speech and text. We combine methods from linguistics, natural language processing (NLP) and artificial intelligence to enable natural language communication between humans and machines. In our research, we work on topics such as text classification (e.g. sentiment analysis), chatbots/dialogue systems, text summarization, speech-to-text, speaker diarization and natural language generation. The group particularly focuses on Swiss German speech and text processing.
- Insight: keynotes, trainings
- AI consultancy: workshops, expert support, advice, technology assessment
- Research and development: small to large-scale collaborative projects, third party-funded research, student projects, commercially applicable prototypes
- Virtual Kids
- Interscriber – Turning Dialogues into Actionable Insights
- SwissText 2021
- Speech-to-Text for Swiss German
- AuSuM – Automatic Supply Chain Monitoring
DOSSMA – Detection of Suspicious Social Media Activities
The DOSSMA project will investigate suspicious and malicious behaviour on social media platforms. In a first phase, we will compile an extensive survey report on the areas that are currently being researched, including the respective state-of-the-art, existing solutions and initiatives. This report will serve as a ...
SCAI: Smart Contract Analytics using Artificial Intelligence
In the SCAI project, ZHAW and legartis investigate how content of contracts can automatically be evaluated legally by applying methods from the areas of Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning.