Swiss Diplomats visit Winterthur
3 September 2019
Meet the Ambassadors - a Tour de Suisse of Swiss Diplomats
Foreign Minister Ignazio Cassis stressed on taking office that "it is essential to anchor Swiss foreign policy more firmly within domestic policy". The benefits of foreign policy should be understandable to the citizens.
The new format "Meet the Ambassadors" is also dedicated to this motto: Swiss diplomats visit their home cantons during a tour de Suisse. On 3 September 2019, eight employees of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) will come to Winterthur for an entire day of exchange with the population.
The International Management Institute of the ZHAW, which is responsible for Foreign Affairs & Applied Diplomacy, is pleased to support this project with a public after-work event in Winterthur. In an informal setting, there will be the opportunity for discussions on Swiss foreign policy with eight experts.
The following diplomats will be present:
- Daniel Hunn, Ambassador of Switzerland to Ethiopia
- Markus Leitner, Ambassador of Switzerland to Iran
- Viktor Vavricka, Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Switzerland in Germany
- Stefan Klötzli, Deputy Head, Asia and Pacific Division, Bern
- Sonja Isella, Diplomat, Embassy of Switzerland in Germany
- Alexander Schärer, Diplomat, Permanent Mission of Switzerland to the UN in Geneva
- Angelica Schempp, Regional Coordinator, Middle East and North Africa Division, Berne
- Fabian Hunold, Head, Section for Justice and Home Affairs, Directorate for European Affairs, Berne
Thank you for registering in advance to facilitate planning.
Start date: 3 September 2019, 5.30 pm
End date: 3 September 2019, 7.00 pm