Advanced training course: Cell expansion and protein expression in standard and single-use bioreactors
Meet experts from the biotech industry to debate about latest trends and for more discussions outside the university building an exciting social programme is planned.
Auf einen Blick
Course certificate (3 ECTS)
Bemerkung zu den Kosten:
Marks are awarded for the exam, written experimental and case study report, and oral presentation.
- Unterrichtssprache ist Englisch - besuchen Sie bitte unserer Englische Website.
- Students from B. Sc., M. Sc. and Ph.D. programmes and first year postdoctoral researchers
- Level: Participants should be trained in aseptic working techniques
- English level: Minimum “First Certificate” in English (FCE, University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations)
Ziele und Inhalt
The course provides students from the ZHAW, students from partner schools in Switzerland as well as students from abroad the opportunity of an intercultural exchange and knowledge transfer in a unique atmosphere.
Among 16 lectures covering the state of the art in cell cultivation technique which will be conducted online prior to the practical program, 17 different practical exercises will be executed on campus by the students to deepen the theoretical background. The students will meet experts from the biotech industry to debate about latest trends and for more discussions outside the university building an additional social programme is planned.
Main lecture topics
- Basics of cell cultivation techniques for animal cells
- Antibody production systems with CHO
- Insect cells and BEVS
- Stem cells
- Cellular agriculture
- Engineering aspects and Computational Fluid Dynamics
Lab training (small groups of 4 persons)
- Cultivation of CHO cells: Inoculum and IgG production in lab scale bioreactors
- Cultivation of hMSCs in t-flasks and small spinner flasks
- Demo of freezing CHO cells and handling of insect cells and plant suspension cells
Latest developments in cell cultivation techniques
Beratung und Kontakt
Startdaten und Anmeldung