Insights into Tecan headquarters and automated tissue culture.
24. April 2018
Welcome to the TEDD workshop at Tecan headquarters in Männedorf. Enjoy a day of science, automation and visit our liquid handling instrumentation production site.
Tecan is a leading global provider of laboratory instruments and solutions in biopharmaceuticals, forensics and clinical diagnostics. The company specializes in the development, production and distribution of automated workflow solutions for laboratories in the life sciences sector. Its clients include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, university research departments, forensic and diagnostic laboratories. As an original equipment manufacturer (OEM), Tecan is also a leader in developing and manufacturing OEM instruments and components that are then distributed by partner companies. Founded in Switzerland in 1980, the company has manufacturing, research and development sites in both Europe and North America and maintains a sales and service network in 52 countries. In 2016, Tecan generated sales of CHF 506 million.
- 09:30 - 10:00 Welcome coffee and registration
- 10:00 - 10:30 Welcome talk TEDD, Welcome talk TECAN
Prof. Michael Raghunath, TEDD/ ZHAW
Luca Valeggia, Tecan
- 10:30 - 10:50 Differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells into cardiomyocytes using automation technology Dr. Bernhard Ellinger, Fraunhofer IME
- 10:50 - 11:10 How laws of nature should guide the development of 3D cell culture for regenerative medicine Dr. med. Patrick Kugelmeier, Kugelmeiers AG
- 11:10 - 11:30 Elucidation and testing of cell functions in screening-compatible engineered microenvironments Prof. Dr. Martin Ehrbar, USZ/ Ectica Technologies AG
Lunch break and networking
- 13:00 - 13:20 Roadmap towards medium to highthroughput organs-on-chip models Prof. Dr. Olivier T. Guenat, Head Organs-on-Chip Technologies ARTORG Center
- 13:20 - 13:40 Cell morphology goes digital – Machine learning-assisted quantification of high content imaging data for in vitro drug safety profiling Dr. Marcel Gubler, Roche Innovation Center Basel
- 13:40 - 14:00 Walk-away monitoring of cytotoxicity, viability and apoptosis Roger Frei, Tecan
- 14:00 - 14:30 Company tour 1 Guide: Dr. Ralf Masantschek
- 14:30 - 15:00 Company tour 2 Guide: Dr. Ralf Masantschek
- 15:00 - 15:30 Wrap up and end of event
Registration is closed.
The deadline for registration is 17.04.2018.
- The number of participants is limited.
- TEDD Partners have priority. Maximum of two people from each TEDD member institution
TEDD Members free; non-members CHF 50 (students CHF 25).
Von: 24. April 2018
Bis: 24. April 2018