Research Group for Autonomous Learning Systems
Welcome to the Research Group for Autonomous Learning Systems!
We specialize in developing next-generation AI systems by integrating deep learning and reinforcement learning techniques to create autonomous AI agents. These agents can be applied to a wide range of process automation tasks across the life sciences. A special focus is the development of AI solutions for protein engineering.
We regularly offer exciting Master thesis topics in this area.
- Machine learning & deep learning, especially deep learning for protein engineering
- Optimization of sequential decision-making processes, especially reinforcement rearning (with a focus on efficiency, safety, and interpretability)
- Generative AI
- Protein engineering
- Indoor farming
- Process automation
- Drone detection
- Forschungsgruppe Simulation & Optimierung
- Competence center Biokatalyse (ICBT)
- ZHAW Center for Aritficial Intelligence (CAI)
- Fruitful Farming AG
- Kikodo Sarl
- Bühler AG
We are responsible for teaching a range of Machine Learning courses, including the Bachelor-level course (ADLS) and the Master-level course (ACLS). Additionally, we provide in-depth instruction in Advanced Deep Learning (ACLS) and Applied Reinforcement Learning through our continuous education program. Our comprehensive curriculum equips students with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in the rapidly evolving AI landscape.