As one of Switzerland’s largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, the Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW has over 12,000 students and 3,000 faculty and staff.
As one of the leading Engineering Faculties in Switzerland, the ZHAW School of Engineering emphasises topics which will be relevant in the future. Our 13 institutes and centres guarantee superior-quality education, research and development with focus on the areas of energy, mobility, information and health.
The Service Engineering research group of the Institute for Applied Information Technology – InIT (init.zhaw.ch) is running the InIT Cloud Computing Lab - ICCLab, a research lab working on cloud computing technologies and solutions and the Service Prototyping Lab - SPLab, a research lab dedicated to advance the state of the art in service prototyping and migrating software to the cloud. More Information about the group can be found on blog.zhaw.ch/icclab.
The Service Engineering research group is seeking applications of highly motivated candidates to complement the team of the ICCLab or SPLab as a
Research Assistant in Cloud Computing
In one of the following research and development fields:
● High-Available Cloud Storage Systems (Object- and Block Storage)
● Cloud Infrastructure- and Application- orchestration and management
● Cloud Native Application design, prototyping engineering and deployment
● Service Tooling to prototype networked services from the programming level
● Cloud Accounting and Billing
● Cloud Robotics: Cloud-native Application enablement (SLAM, Object Avoidance, Detection, Recognition, Manipulation, etc.) and development of Robotics Applications
Areas of responsibility will include:
● Research and development in one of the above fields
● Develop solutions in national and international R&D projects
● Participate in transferring research results to industry
● Writing papers, contributing to open source software, presenting at scientific conferences
Applicants must have a university degree (Bachelor or Master) in computer science or a related field. A healthy research curiosity combined with very good software development skills and interest in novel technologies is expected, as is demonstrated ability to work in an R&D context. A high level of ambition and willingness to take ownership and responsibility is very well considered. We expect the candidate to be an internationally oriented, enthusiastic researcher who enjoys working in teams with a healthy mix of scientific and applied ambitions. Good communication skills in English are a prerequisite, German is a plus.
The position is provisionally limited to one year, but could be renewed for a maximum of three years upon mutual agreement. This is an entry level position, suitable for a recent graduate.
We offer a competitive, technically stimulating, and exciting environment. It is very open, multicultural and diverse comprising of people with all levels of expertise and experience from all over the world. As well as providing an excellent work environment, we provide intellectual liberty, opportunities for applied industrial collaboration, and competitive compensation based on Swiss standards.
Do you have any questions about this position? For additional information, please contact Christof Marti, Head of the Service Engineering research group, phone +41 58 934 70 63, e-mail email@example.com.
Are you interested?
If you would like to apply, please use the online platform only to send your full application attn. Regina Peil, HR Consultant in Winterthur.