PhD Student Corporate Responsibility 100 %
Would you like to gain experience at a growing research center at the ZHAW? Use your knowledge and methodological skills in an innovative SNSF research project in the field of sustainability?
School: School of Management and Law
Starting date: January 1, 2024 (or by mutual agreement)
- Conduct research as part of the SNSF project on “How green transformational leaders engage stakeholders to tackle environmental grand challenges in the context of circular economy" in collaboration with the University of St. Gallen and the HWZ Zurich. The SNSF project aims to improve our understanding of why, when, and how organizational leaders engage stakeholders to tackle environmental grand challenges in the context of circular economy.
- Pursue a PhD the area of sustainability and responsible leadership in co-supervision with the University of St. Gallen.
- Support the team of the Center for Corporate Responsibility in its various tasks (e.g., teaching, continuing education, consulting).
- A very good university degree in business administration (or other humanities and social sciences with a minor in business administration/management).
- Interest in the research area of "Business & Society" (corporate social responsibility, business ethics, responsible leadership, etc.).
- Ideally experience in quantitative research methods/experiments; background/experience in the area of sus-tainability/leadership/circular economy.
- Excellent communication skills in English; a good knowledge of German is a plus.
- Strong ability to work independently; team-oriented; high level of commitment and motivation.
Candidates should send an electronic application by January 1st, including an application letter, a curriculum vitae, a written sample of recent scientific work (e.g., MSc thesis, BSc thesis, etc.) and the names of two referees.
Informal inquiries about the position can be made to Christian Vögtlin –firstname.lastname@example.org
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland's largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14'000 students and 3'400 faculty and staff.
The ZHAW School of Management and Law (SML) is one of the leading business schools in Switzerland with internationally recognized Bachelor's and Master's degree programs, as well as cooperative PhD programs and well- established lifelong learning programs. As the first business school at a Swiss university of applied sciences, the SML meets the high standards of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Since 2020, the SML has been included in the Financial Times Ranking of the best European business schools. Our main principle, "Building Competence. Crossing Borders." underpins the high quality of our educational programs and research and reflects our global mindset and aspirations.
The Center for Corporate Responsibility (CCR) deals with questions relating to corporate responsibility and sustainability management. Our purpose is to advance and disseminate knowledge that helps students, leaders, companies, and other stakeholders to become more ethical, responsible and sustainable. We develop practically relevant strategies and tools, assist companies in their conception and implementation, and provide specialist training. In dealing with interdisciplinary topics, we cooperate with specialists from other departments and other ZHAW schools, as well as with partner universities and business partners in Switzerland and abroad.
Wir bieten hochschulgerechte Arbeits- und Anstellungsbedingungen an und fördern aktiv die Personalentwicklung unserer Mitarbeitenden und Führungspersonen. Eine detaillierte Beschreibung der Vorteile ist auf der Webseite «Arbeiten an der ZHAW» zu finden. Hier die wichtigsten Eckpunkte:
Co-Head Center for Corporate Responsibility