PhD position in Health Sciences Research 100 %
The ?AskPat" study is a research project of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF). It investigates patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs) in Switzerland.
Starting date: 01.02.2023
- Achieve his/her PhD within a timeframe of 3 years
- Scientific participation in Ask the Patient project in all study phases, in particular:
Study 1: Systematic review of ?generic PROMs in CH" according to COSMIN guidelines (Prinsen et al., 2018)
Study 2: Cross-sectional survey data (34 items, n=900-1,500) evaluation according to COSMIN guidelines and assessment of linguistic bias (practical differential item functioning).
Study 3: Cross-sectional survey data (18 items, n=100) comparing two older adult samples
- Contribute to the project management
- Scientific publication activity
- Participation in teaching activities
- Applicants with an advanced university degree (MSc) in Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Nursing or Medi-cine, Psychology, Sociology or any other social science discipline are welcome to apply
- We expect solid experience in statistical data analysis and in the application of a statistical program at MSc level
- Good oral and written language skills in both German and English (Level B2)
- Intellectual curiousity for quantitative analysis and interest in examining/improving health systems
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland's largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14'000 students and 3'400 faculty and staff.
The School of Health Professions of the ZHAW is a renowned center for training, continuing education and re-search in the German-speaking world.
The public health research unit (Forschungsstelle für Public Health - FPH) constitutes a multidisciplinary unit in-cluding experts in psychology, sociology, economics, statistics, medicine and public health. With our research, we pursue a life course perspective with the aim of taking vulnerable groups as well as time windows of increased vulnerability into account and thus making a significant and sustainable contribution to public health.
We offer insight and first-hand experience in a relevant field of public health research. A researcher from the well-established academic institution - the Institute of Public Health at the ZHAW will su-pervise the PhD. Enrollment at a Swiss University is obligatory and participation in a doctoral program is expected. You will also benefit from a project partnership with the University of Zürich's Institute of Biomedical Ethics. The workplace is located in Winterthur's Department of Health.
Please note that we can/will only consider online applications via our online tool.
Wir bieten hochschulgerechte Arbeits- und Anstellungsbedingungen und fördern aktiv die Personalentwicklung unserer Mitarbeitenden und Führungspersonen. Eine detaillierte Beschreibung der Vorteile finden Sie auf der Seite «Arbeiten an der ZHAW». Hier die wichtigsten Eckpunkte: