Scientific Assistant in Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) / Integrierte Projektabwicklung (IPA) 80 %
This research position focuses on establishing Integrated Project Delivery (IPD / IPA) in Switzerland in an interdisciplinary collaboration of researchers and Swiss industry leaders on IPD pilot projects.
School: School of Architecture, Design and Civil Engineering
Starting date: 01.11.2022 or upon agreement - please apply before October 15th, 2022
We offer a two-year position, with the possibility for extension, as a scientific assistant with research focus on implementation of Integrated Project Delivery in Switzerland.
The position is part of Swiss IPD, a research collaboration of the Center for Building Technologies and Processes at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) with the Institut Digitales Bauen and the Institut für Kooperationsforschung at the Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz (FHNW) and industry partners. The research focus will be on establishing a practical framework for IPD in the Swiss Architecture, Engineering, and Construction sector, based on empirical study of the first construction projects to fully implement IPD in Switzerland.
Your work will include:
- Studying the international state of the art in IPD implementation and its relevance for the Swiss construction industry
- Qualitative and empirical study of ongoing IPD implementation projects in Switzerland (e.g. stakeholder interviews, observations, focus groups)
- Managing the knowledge exchange between IPD project stakeholders and an Expert Review Group consisting of Swiss industry leaders
- Based on research findings, developing new tools for IPD project governance specific to Switzerland
- Supporting the development of new legal and administrative tools for IPD in Switzerland
- Supporting the development of new tools to train Swiss construction professionals in IPD competencies
- Writing project reports
- Authoring/co-authoring articles in leading scientific journals
- Contributing to the build-up of a research team in the domain of digital building processes and management at ZHAW
- University degree in construction management, architecture, civil engineering or other related fields.
- Practical or academic background in construction project management
- Knowledge/Experience in IPD / IPA or Project Alliancing and/or Lean Construction. Knowledge of BIM is an advantage but not expected.
- Strong interest in integrated and collaborative processes and organizational aspects of construction.
- Experience with qualitative research methods and scientific field work
- Strong interest in digitalisation and innovation in construction and interdisciplinary work.
- Fluency in German oral and written, good working knowledge of English (level B2 and above) desired
- Applicants are encouraged to apply, even if they do not meet all the above criteria
Please apply by sending in your letter of motivation, CV and contact information of two references by October 15th, 2022 via our online tool.
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland's largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14'000 students and 3'400 faculty and staff.
ZHAW is one of the leading universities of applied sciences in Switzerland. It offers teaching, research, continuing education and services that are practice-oriented and science-based.
The Center for Building Technologies and Processes ZBP is hosted in the department of Architecture, Design and Civil Engineering. Its research targets exploration of the future of construction, featuring advanced, resource-efficient technologies and novel digital processes.
Wir bieten hochschulgerechte Arbeits- und Anstellungsbedingungen und fördern aktiv die Personalentwicklung unserer Mitarbeitenden und Führungspersonen. Eine detaillierte Beschreibung der Vorteile finden Sie auf der Seite «Arbeiten an der ZHAW». Hier die wichtigsten Eckpunkte: