Research Assistant in Cloud Computing and Cloud Robotics 80% - 100%
Research Assistant in Cloud Computing and Cloud Robotics with the anticipated option to conduct a cooperative doctorate over the course of 3 years
School: School of Engineering
Starting date: 1. December 2022
Possible research and innovation fields include:
- Orchestration and resource management in Cloud Computing and Edge contexts
- Advanced cloud storage solutions for the Cloud Continuum
- Cloud Robotics applications and systems
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Contributing to the research and development activities in the above fields
- Collaboration to activities in R&D projects (Switzerland and EU)
- Assistance to transfer of research results to enterprise contexts / SMEs
- Advice to students in projects and BSc/MSc theses
- Publication of results in journals and conferences
Applicants must have a Master's degree in computer science or a related field. The successful candidate has a strong theoretical knowledge and a passion for scientific work in the above mentioned fields and a good command as well as a passion for programming and writing. Good communication skills in English are a prerequisite.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the academic, industry, and technology landscape, identify unsolved problems and propose novel ideas for future activities. Particular emphasis is given to developing prototypes, experimenting hands-on with systems, and scientific evaluation and documentation of results.
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland's largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14'000 students and 3'400 faculty and staff.
As one of the leading Engineering Faculties in Switzerland, the ZHAW School of Engineering emphasises topics which will be relevant in the future. Our 14 institutes and centres guarantee superior-quality education, research and development with an emphasis on the areas of energy, mobility, information and health.
Wir bieten hochschulgerechte Arbeits- und Anstellungsbedingungen und fördern aktiv die Personalentwicklung unserer Mitarbeitenden und Führungspersonen. Eine detaillierte Beschreibung der Vorteile finden Sie auf der Seite «Arbeiten an der ZHAW». Hier die wichtigsten Eckpunkte: